- J.D., George Mason University School of Law
- M.S., Information Science, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- B.S., Computer Science, minor in Technical Writing, Pennsylvania State University
- Position: ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Location: Washington, DC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 888-860-5678 x719
Robert A. Hall, a registered patent attorney and patent litigator, focuses his practice on investigations before the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) and patent prosecution. Mr. Hall has nearly 10 years of experience with patents and intellectual property matters.
Mr. Hall’s patent background includes patentability, validity and infringement opinions, client counseling, licensing, contract negotiations, and mergers/acquisitions. He has knowledge in all areas of computer science, particularly computer hardware/software, electro-optics, and communications technology.
Mr. Hall’s patent litigation background involves various areas of computer science and electrical engineering, including 3G and 4G wireless communications, computer architecture, and software. He has experience in all phases of litigation, including pre-filing investigations at the ITC.
Prior to joining Mei & Mark LLP, Mr. Hall was a patent attorney at Alchemy-Partners, PC, focusing primarily on patent prosecution, and an associate at Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP, focusing primarily on investigations before the U.S. International Trade Commission. Also, Mr. Hall served for more than four years as an attorney-advisor (and for one year as a judicial intern) to former Chief Administrative Law Judge Paul J. Luckern at the ITC, gaining significant experience working on ITC matters. He has taught legal drafting as an adjunct professor at George Mason University School of Law.
Prior to law school, Mr. Hall worked for more than ten years in information technology and software development.
Representative U.S. International Trade Commission Section (ITC) 337 Investigations (in private practice)
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1007/1021, Certain Personal Transporters, Components Thereof, and Packaging and Manuals Therefor(represented Swagway, LLC).
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1000, Certain Motorized Self-Balancing Vehicles(represented Swagway, LLC and Modell’s Sporting Goods, Inc.).
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-871, Wireless Communications Base Stations and Components Thereof. (represented Telfonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson and Ericsson Inc.).
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-813, Electronic Devices with Graphics Data Processing Systems, Components Thereof, and Associated Software. (represented S3 Graphics Co., Ltd. and S3 Graphics, Inc).
Select Publications – Articles
Author, “An Analysis of New ITC Rules Implemented in the First Half of 2013,” 337 Reporter, July 2013.
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans’ Claims.