- District of Columbia
- S. Supreme Court
- S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- S. Court of Federal Claims
- Position: ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Location: Washington, DC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 888-860-5678 x705
Rob Kimmer is Head of Trademarks, focusing on the prosecution and litigation of worldwide trademark, copyright, brand, advertising, entertainment, and trade secret matters. He also focuses on the intersection of venture capital, early-stage/emerging companies, and intellectual property along with celebrity branding/endorsement matters and the Firm’s internationally-recognized cannabis practice.
Mr. Kimmer assists clients with worldwide naming/branding projects, trademark clearance reports, securing portfolios of trademark and domain registrations as well as enforcement of these valuable intellectual property assets. His specialty is developing business-centric and cost-effective IP strategies that meet each client’s specific needs. He has experience counseling clients with regard to sensitive copyright matters, such as certification testing materials and proprietary computer program code along with difficult-to-protect certification, sound, trade dress, and color registrations.
Having filed and won the first ever .XXX Domain Rapid Evaluation Service (RES) proceeding in the world, Mr. Kimmer is well-versed in domain name matters. He has successfully handled a variety of international disputes and Uniform Domain-Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) proceedings. Mr. Kimmer’s world-renowned expertise in the cannabis, CBD, and psychedelic branding space is recognized by INCBA (The International Cannabis Bar Association) and peer industry groups. He is currently counsel on a major CBD/cannabis trademark case before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit – In Re Joy Tea – 22-1041.
Mr. Kimmer has counseled Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies, technology start-ups, venture capital firms, Oscar®-winning actors (serving as General Counsel of management teams), Grammy®-winning singers, accelerators, cannabis companies, and non-profit organizations in regard to trademarks, branding, naming projects, prosecution, trade dress, trade secrets, copyright, and IP enforcement. He has developed unique industry specialties in the CPG, toy/game, cosmetic, banking, beverage, alcohol, beer, restaurant, food, cannabis, and celebrity branding spaces. Mr. Kimmer understands the true value of branding/trademarks and can ensure that these valuable corporate assets are fully cared-for and protected.
Prior to joining Mei & Mark, LLP, Mr. Kimmer was an attorney at the Washington, D.C. offices of Michael Best and Rader Fishman & Grauer, as well as serving as practice group chair of an IP boutique. He has also worked as in-house counsel for Maple Life Financial®/MLF® Financial Group, a financial and insurance company that is a joint venture with Morgan Stanley®, Reservoir Capital®, and Cantor Fitzgerald®.
- J.D., George Washington University
- B.A., Emory University
In Re Joy Tea – 22-1041 (CAFC)
In Re Joy Tea (TTAB)
Ford Motor Company vs. Mustangs Unlimited Inc. (6th Cir)
Patron Spirits International AG v. Mountain Melodies, LLC (TTAB)
Successful settlement against Marvel®
Successful settlement against Apple®
Successful Settlement against PSI®
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Speaker for INCBA (The International Cannabis Bar Association)
- Member of INCBA (The International Cannabis Bar Association)
- Member of the Wyngate Citizens Association in Bethesda, MD
- Active member of the GW Law Alumni community and Center for Professional Development & Career Strategy
- Active Member of the Emory Alumni Association’s DC Chapter
- Juggling – Performed in Super Bowl® XXXIV, for the Atlanta Braves®, the Atlanta Hawks®, The Smirnoff® Vodka Corporation, GSK®, for President George H.W. Bush, and for Muhammad Ali.
- TV game show veteran – having appeared on Win Ben Stein’s Money® and NBC®’s Million Second Quiz® (hosted by Ryan Seacrest), and The Game Show Network® Challenge. Rob is an avid trivia buff who competes in pub trivia and in the elite trivia group, Learned League®.
- Chasing his two incredible daughters around the house…and juggling for them often.