- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Courts for the Central District of California and the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Position: ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 888-860-5678 x713
Ms. Li focuses her practice in intellectual property law and intellectual property related issues in the area of international trade. Ms. Li drafts, prepares, and prosecutes hundreds of patent applications in the areas of organic chemistry, chemical engineering, polymer science, clean energy, material science, biotechnology, medical device, pharmaceutical compositions, mechanical devices, and design patents. Ms. Li is experienced in working with and instructing foreign associates to obtain patents before the European, Canadian, Chinese, and Mexican Patent Offices. Ms. Li prepares noninfringement, novelty, and freedome to operate opinions, performs patentability search and reports; and conducts prior art search for invalidity opinions.
Ms. Li represents clients in Section 337 investigations before the United States International Trade Commission (“ITC”) and patent infringement litigations before the federal district courts. Ms. Li is experienced in representing Chinese clients in complex patent litigations, conducting discovery overseas, and attends mediation and negotiation for alternative resolution of the litigations on behalf of the clients.
Ms. Li also advises clients on licensing arrangement, managing the patent portfolio to strenghthen competition position in the marketplace, and negotiating the license agreement. Ms. Li also provides IP due diligence study in corporate transactions and is responsible for drafting and reviewing contracts related to IP license and litigation settlement.
Prior to joining Mei & Mark LLP, Ms. Li was an attorney with Perkins Coie LLP and Venable LLP, and a patent agent with Pennie & Edmonds LLP.
- In re Certain Tires And Products Containing the Same, ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-894: Represented a tire manufacturer and defended the patent infringement action in the investigation.
- Kaneka Corporation v. Zhejiang Medicine Co., Ltd., No. 2:11-cv-02389 (C.D. Cal.): Act as local counsel and represented Chinese pharmaceutical company in the patent infringement action.
- Pass & Seymour v. General Protecht Group, No. 5:07-cv-00833 (N.D.N.Y.): Represented defendants in the patent infringement litigation that is a parallel case to the ITC 337 investigation.
- In re Certain Rubber Antidegradants, Components Thereof, and Products Containing Same II, ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-652: Represented in this Section 337 investigation for the Chinese manufacturer of rubber chemical products, obtained an initial determination terminating the investigation on motion for summary determination based on claim preclusion and doctrine against claim splitting.
- In re Certain Rubber Antidegradants, Components Thereof, and Products Containing Same, ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-533: Participated in this section 337 investigation for the Chinese manufacturer of rubber chemical products, worked on all phases of the investigation and attended depositions and hearing.
- In re Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters and Products Containing the same, ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-615: Defended Chinese manufacturers of Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters in investigation.
- Flexsys America LP v. Kumho Tire U.S.A., Inc., U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio: Represented one of the defendants as co-counsel in this parallel litigation to the ITC Investigation.
- Sinorgchem Co., Shandong v. International Trade Commission, 511 F.3d 1132 (Fed. Cir. 2007): Acted as co-counsel for Sinorgchem Co. in appeal of an ITC exclusion order finding that Sinorgchem infringed patents involving rubber antidegradants. Convinced the Federal Circuit to vacate the ITC’s decision and hold that Sinorgchem did not literally infringe as a matter of law.
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School Certificate of Legal Study in China
- Chinese University of Political Science and Law – Duquesne University
- M.S., Biology, University of Virginia
- B.S., Biology, University of Science & Technology of China
- Mandarin Chinese
- French (working knowledge)
- Japanese (working knowledge)