- District of Columbia
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United State Distrct Court for the Central, Southern, and Northern Districts of California
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Position: ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Location: Beverly Hills, CA
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 888-860-5678 x713
Ms. Li is an intellectual property attorney at Mei & Mark LLP based in Beverly Hills, California. She advises clients on all the IP related matters, including patent and trademark prosecution, managing IP portfolio, legal opinions and IP due diligence study, trade secret protection, and licensing. She represents clients in invalidation proceedings and infringement litigation and other matters before the federal district and appellate courts. She not only serves emerging companies but also counts Fortune 100 companies as her long-time clients. Her practice focuses on the areas of organic chemistry and chemical engineering, biotech and pharmaceuticals, mechanical-electronic devices, and clean energy.
Ms. Li has worked in the private practice at top-tier law firms, including Pennie & Edmonds LLP in New York, NY, Venable LLP in Washington, DC, and Perkins Coie LLP in Los Angeles, CA. She served as the Beijing Office representative for Perkins Coie in 2007-2009, which brings fresh perspective to the IP practice. She also advises clients on IP procurement and protection overseas, including Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, Japan, South Korea, Europe, and Australia.
Ms. Li prepares noninfringement, novelty, invalidity, and freedome to operate (FTO) opinions. Ms. Li also represents clients in Section 337 investigations before the United States International Trade Commission (“ITC”) and patent infringement litigations before the federal district and appellate courts. Ms. Li is experienced in representing Chinese clients in complex patent litigations, conducting discovery overseas, and attends mediation and negotiation for alternative resolution of the litigations on behalf of the clients.
In her spare time, Ms. Li is an avid traveler and aspiring K-Pop dancer.
IP Counseling Highlights:
- Patent portfolio management, including IP due diligence and landscape study for leading rubber chemical company
- Patenting key inventions such as manufacturing processes, chemical compounds and formulations for clean technology and biotech companies
- Freedom to operate and noninfringement opinions for importers and suppliers of chemicals, nutritional supplements, and consumer products
- Prepare and review license agreement between major competitors in the chemical industry
- Negotiate and prepare IP license and funding agreements company-related sponsorsed research
- JUUL Labs., Inc. v. Andy Chou et. al, No. 2:21-cv-03056 (C.D. Cal.). Representing Defendants in the trademark infringement suit.
- Citcon USA v. RiverPay et al., No. Appeal No. 20-16929 (9th Circuit 2022) Representing Appellees in appeal from N.D. Cal. on the trade secret misappropriation action.
- Hyundai Motor Company v. TYC Brother Industrial et al., No. 8:21-CV-00959 (C.D. Cal.). Representing Plaintiff in the design patent and copyright infringement action.
- KIA Corporation v. TYC Brother Industrial et al., No. 8:21-CV-00966 (C.D. Cal.). Representing Plaintiff in the design patent and copyright infringement action.
- Citcon USA v. MaplePay et al., No. 5:19-cv-02112 (N.D. Cal.) Representing Defendants in the trade secret misappropriation action.
- Microsoft Corp et al. v. Hon Hai d/b/a Foxconn Tech. Group, No 5:19-cv-01279-LHK (N.D. Cal). Representing defendants in the action.
- ATEN International Co., Ltd. v. Uniclass Technology, No. 2:15-cv-04424 (C.D. Cal.). Represented plaintiff in the breach of contract (patent license) district court litigation related to computer multiple user switch as local counsel; finished jury trial.
- In re Certain Tires And Products Containing the Same, ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-894: Represented a tire manufacturer and defended the patent infringement action in the investigation.
- Kaneka Corporation v. Zhejiang Medicine Co., Ltd. No. 2:11-cv-02389 (C.D. Cal.):: Act as local counsel and represented Chinese pharmaceutical company in the patent infringement action.
- Sinorgchem Co., Shandong v. International Trade Commission, 511 F.3d 1132 (Fed. Cir. 2007): Co-counsel for Sinorgchem Co. in appeal of an ITC exclusion order finding that Sinorgchem infringed patents involving rubber antidegradants. Convinced Federal Circuit to vacate the ITC’s decision and hold that Sinorgchem did not literally infringe as a matter of law.
- In re Certain Rubber Antidegradants, Components Thereof, and Products Containing Same II, ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-652: Represented in this section 337 investigation for the Chinese manufacturer of rubber chemical products,obtained an initial determination terminating the investigation on motion for summary determination based on claim preclusion and doctrine against claim splitting.
- In re Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters and Products Containing the same, ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-615: Defended Chinese manufacturers of Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters in investigation.
- In re Certain Rubber Antidegradants, Components Thereof, and Products Containing Same, ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-533: Participated in this section 337 investigation for the Chinese manufacturer of rubber chemical products, worked on all phases of the investigation and attended depositions and hearing.
- Flexsys America LP v. Kumho Tire U.S.A., Inc., No. 5:05-cv-00156 (N.D. Ohio): Represented one of the defendants as co-counsel in this patent infringement litigation.
- J.D., recipient of ABA/BNA award for excellence in IP law studies, George Washington University Law School
- Certificate of Legal Study in China, Chinese University of Political Science and Law – Duquesne University
- M.S., Biology, University of Virginia
- B.S., Biology, University of Science & Technology of China
- Chinese (Native)
- French (working knowledge)
- Japanese (working knowledge)