- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Position: ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Location: Washington, DC
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 888-860-5678 x708
A former Patent Examiner, Krystyna Colantoni focuses her practice on drafting and prosecuting patent applications, providing legal opinions on patentability, validity, and infringement, and counseling clients on strategic management of patent portfolios. Ms. Colantoni has experience in a variety of electrical and mechanical technologies. Her areas of particular expertise include automotive systems and components, combustion processes and devices, torque-transfer devices, internet-of-things (IOT), internet security, optics (EUV-IR spectrum), computer hardware and software, control systems, printer technology, and GFCI devices.
Ms. Colantoni leads Mei & Mark LLP’s patent prosecution and small business practices. She understands start-up companies’ unique needs and challenges, having learned from her own experience as a co-founder of a start-up technology company.
Specialties: Patent prosecution, reexamination practice, pre litigation counseling, litigation support, clearance searches, freedom to operate (FTO), validity, infringement, and patentability opinions. Cross-counseling on the intersection of business with Patents, Copyrights & Trademarks.
Continued youth outreach initiatives include hosting/co-hosting STEM & STEAM fairs, and judging science fairs and moot court competitions.
- E-Z Ink Inc., et al. v. Brother Industries, Ltd., No. 2:21-cv-00564 (E.D. Va) ( Representing sellers of after-market printer cartridges in seeking declaratory judgment of patent invalidity).
- Nader Asghari-Kamrani & Kamran Asghari-Kamrani v. United Services Automobile Association, No. 2:15-xv-00478 (E.D. Va, Norfolk Division) (Represented independent inventors in patent infringement suit).
- J.D., Catholic University of America
- B.S., Biophysics, University of Scranton