Co-Author, “3 Tips For Protecting Patent Rights At Chinese Customs,” Law360, July 18, 2013.
- Position: ATTORNEY AT LAW*
- Location: Washington, DC
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 888-860-5678 x711
Jiwei Zhang focuses her practice on patent litigation and commercial litigation before U.S. district courts and the U.S. International Trade Commission. With her unique bilingual and educational background combined with extensive experience in litigation practice, Ms. Zhang represents and advises large and emerging companies in judicial and administrative proceedings. Her practical and first-hand experience benefits clients with different perspectives and unique needs. Ms. Zhang also counsels clients regarding intellectual property planning and strategies as well as license and award applications before U.S. government agencies.
Prior to joining Mei & Mark LLP, Ms. Zhang worked for law firms in New York City and China. While in law school, Ms. Zhang served as a judicial intern to Judge David C. Mason of the 22nd Judicial Circuit of Missouri in St. Louis.
- U.S. International Trade Commission Section (ITC) 337 Investigations
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1125, Certain Height-Adjustable Desk Platforms and Components Thereof.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1123, Certain Carburetors and Products Containing Such Carburetors.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1114, Certain Modular LED Display Panels and Components Thereof.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1107, Certain LED Lighting Devices and Components Thereof.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1106, Certain Toner Cartridges and Components Thereof.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1007/1021, Certain Personal Transporters, Components Thereof, and Packaging and Manuals Therefor.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1000, Certain Motorized Self-Balancing Vehicles.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-974, Certain Aquarium Fittings and Parts Thereof.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-967, Certain Document Cameras and Software for Use Therewith.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-929, Certain Beverage Brewing Capsules, Components Thereof, and Products Containing the Same.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-922, Certain Devices Containing Non-Volatile Memory and Products Containing the Same.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-909, Certain Non-Volatile Memory Devices and Products Containing Same.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-894, Certain Tires and Products Containing Same.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-890, Certain Sleep-Disordered Breathing Treatment Systems and Components Thereof.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-833, Certain Digital Models, Digital Data, and Treatment Plans for Use in Making Incremental Dental Positioning Adjustment Appliances, the Appliances Made Therefrom, and Methods of Making the Same.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-824, Certain Blu-Ray Disc Players, Components Thereof and Products Containing Same.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-789, Certain Digital Televisions and Components Thereof.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-739, Certain Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters and Products Containing Same.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-739 (Enforcement Proceeding), Certain Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters and Products Containing Same.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-562 (Enforcement Proceeding), Certain Incremental Dental Positioning Adjustment Appliances and Methods of Producing Same.
U.S. District Court Litigation
- Whirlpool Corporation v. Tianjin Jinghai Yunda Industry and Trade Co., Ltd., No. 2:15-cv-2103 (E.D. Tex.).
- Amethyst IP, LLC v. Adesso, Inc., No. 2:13-cv-02944 (E.D.N.Y.).
- Represented clients in litigation settlement negotiations.
- Represented clients in several administrative proceedings before U.S. government agencies, e.g. the U.S. Security and Exchange Commission Office of the Whistleblower and the U.S. Treasury Department Office of Foreign Assets and Control.
- L.L.M., Washington University in St. Louis
- L.L.M., Tulane University
- L.L.B., Central University of Finance and Economics
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
* Admitted in New York only. Practice supervised by DC Bar members.
- Mandarin Chinese