- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
EDWARD J. NAIDICH
- Position: ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Location: Washington, DC
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 888-860-5678 x710
Ed Naidich focuses on patent litigation and appeals. He has served as lead counsel in numerous litigation and appellate matters in a variety of technologies, including the wireless CDMA, computer architecture, automotive, power electronic, security system, GPS-based navigation system, and digital video system fields.
Mr. Naidich has broad experience in all aspects of patent litigation, including examining and cross-examining fact and expert witnesses at trial, taking and defending depositions, drafting and arguing claim construction and summary judgment motions, and managing day-to-day litigation activities. He has tried cases before juries and before an administrative law judge at the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC). He has also handled numerous appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Naidich advises clients on a wide variety of patent matters, including licensing and strategic patent prosecution. He also assists clients in settling disputes without litigation.
Before joining Mei & Mark, Mr. Naidich was a partner in the Washington, D.C. office of Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP. Mr. Naidich also served as a law clerk to the Honorable Alvin A. Schall of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Prior to law school, Mr. Naidich served as an officer in the U.S. Navy’s nuclear propulsion headquarters, Naval Reactors, where he gained extensive experience in electrical and nuclear engineering.
U.S. Court of Appeals
- ATEN International Co., Ltd. v. Uniclass Technology Co., Ltd. , No. 18-1922 (Fed. Cir. Aug. 6, 2019)
- Kaneka Corporation v. Xiamen Kingdomway Group Co. , No. 18-1892 (Fed. Cir. May 13, 2019).
- Realtime Data, LLC, v. CME Group, Inc. , No. 14-1663 (Fed. Cir. Apr. 14, 2015).
- Intex Recreation Corp. v. Team Worldwide Corporation, No. 14-1450 (Fed. Cir. Feb. 15, 2015).
- MHL Tek, LLC v. Nissan Motor Co. , No. 10-1287, -1317, -1318 (Fed. Cir. Aug. 10, 2011).
- Paradox Security Systems, Ltd. v. ADT Security Services, Inc. , No. 10-1012 (Fed. Cir. Jul. 19, 2010).
- Aero Prods. Int’l, Inc. v. Intex Recreation Corp. , No. 05-1283 (Fed .Cir. Oct. 2, 2006)
- Microtune, L.P. v. Broadcom Corp. , No. 04-1338 (Fed. Cir. Apr. 15, 2004).
U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) Section 337 Investigations
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-1139, Certain Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems and Components Thereof.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-695, Certain Automotive Multimedia Display and Navigation Systems.
- ITC Inv. No. 337-TA-529, Certain Digital Processors, Digital Processing Systems, Components Thereof, And Products Containing Same.
U.S. District Court Litigation
- Siemens Logistics LLC v. Pteris Global (USA) Inc. (W.D.N.C.).
- American Vehicular Sciences LLC v. Hyundai Motor Company (E.D.M.I./E.D. Tex.).
- Paradox Security Systems v. ADT Security Systems (E.D. Tex.).
- Koninklijke Philips Elec. NV v. Cardiac Sci. Operating Co. (W.D. Wa.; Fed. Cir.).
- American Vehicular Sciences, LLC v. Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. (E.D. Tex; E.D. Mich.).
- American Vehicular Sciences, LLC v. Hyundai Motor Co. (C.D. Cal.).
- Fifth Market Inc. v. CME Group Inc. (D. Del.).
- SecureNova LLC v. LG Electronics, Inc. (E.D. Tex.).
- Tierra Intelectual Borinquen, LLC v. LG Electronics, Inc. (E.D. Tex.).
- MHL Tek v. Nissan Motor Co. (E.D. Tex.).
- SPH America, LLC v. Acer Corp. (S.D. Cal.).
- BIAX Corp. v. Motorola Mobility, Inc. (D. Colo.).
- BIAX Corp. v. Intel Corp. (E.D. Tex.).
- Intex Recreation Corp. v. Team Worldwide Corp. (D.D.C.).
- Automotive Technologies International Inc. v. Hyundai Motor America (D. Del.).
- Interventional Therapies, LLC v. Guidant Corp. (W.D. La.).
- J.D., magna cum laude, George Mason University School of Law
- S.B., cum laude, Electrical Engineering, Harvard University
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- American Bar Association (Litigation and Intellectual Property Law Sections)
- Federal Circuit Bar Association