Washington, DC – December 22, 2009 – Happy Holidays and Annual Review from Mei & Mark LLP
Dear Clients, Colleagues, and Friends:
On behalf of Mei & Mark LLP, a leading minority-owned Intellectual Property and Litigation law firm based in Washington, DC, I wish you happy holidays and continued success in 2010.
I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support during 2009, the firm’s first year in existence. We could not have achieved our success without your support and encouragement.
My partner, Freeman Mark, and I started this firm on February 2, 2009, in the heart of the recession, with a vision that we will build up a team of exceptional professionals and provide top quality of legal services cost-effectively. The firm’s accomplishments in 2009 far exceeded our wildest expectations.
With great pride, I share with you a few milestones we have achieved in 2009:
* February 2009: Engaged our first client.
* February 2009: Filed our first patent application.
* February 2009: Signed our first major IP counseling contract.
* March 2009: Handled our first patent-related U.S. Customs proceeding involving design-around products (resulting in the first-ever victory for a Chinese company).
* July 2009: Filed our first suit in federal district court.
* August 2009: Engaged our first U.S. Fortune 500 client.
* October 2009: Submitted our first appellate brief to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
* October 2009: Sponsored the 2009 Annual Meeting of the American Intellectual Property Law Association.
* Pro Bono: Represented a refugee in an asylum case and counseled several others on various matters.
* Diversity: We have grown from 2 attorneys to 4 attorneys, including 1 Asian Americans, 1 African American, 1 Hispanic/Latino American, and 1 Caucasian American.
We look forward to working with you in 2010. Thank you for your continued support. May the New Year bring you happiness and prosperity!